Marble grey / grey | Size / 15 x 33cm
by Theresa Bader / @Futureing Wool
South Tyrol / Italy
Available colours //
stone white/brown & marble grey/grey
These handwashed cushions and meditation pillows by Theresa Bader at Exploring Wool are made of 100% locally sheared and processed mountain sheep wool. Thanks to the thoughtful processing, specific properties of the local wool can be retained adding to the insulation and moisture balancing properties of her accessories.
The patterns and colours of Bader's home accessories are influenced by her local, mountain scenery, combining the beauty of natural fabrics and dyes, to give your home interior a unique yet organic look.
Handmade of 100% pure sheepwool in South Tyrol, Italy.
Important facts about Futureing Wool work:
- 100% sheep wool
- 100% Handmade locally in South Tyrol
- Handwashed Wool – when washed by hand, using water and soup only the valuable lanolin found in the wool is retained!
- Fair Production - the increased demand for cheaper, synthetic fibres, has resulted in abundance of raw wool left unused and yet, Exploring Wool continues to pay farmers fairly in order to sustain the cycle of local produce, farm existence and animal habitats.
- The decreasing demand of wool means large quantities are left unused and often wasted, which puts enormous burden on local farmers livelihoods and their abilities to breed and retain the animals.
- Recent statistics by the WFO show that currently, nine sheep breeds are facing extinction in South Tyrol alone.
Each item is handmade and therefore impossible to replicate exactly, which makes them slightly different from one another and also unique. We hope you see this as an advantage rather than a vice!